Sunday, May 23, 2010

Flowers

To start with, a few from my backyard. May 23 in VA is a terrible time (in my view) to begin a blog entry (and photo album) called "flowers." Because I'm mainly interested in flowers that smell good and they're mostly gone for 2010. Except for honeysuckle, gardenias smell best of all and perhaps there are still some around. But I haven't found any. Yet. Hyacinths come first, they're long gone. Lilacs are also among the best smelling flowers and I've got some beauties but that will also have to wait until 2011. Peonies are gaudy and smell lovely but gone. For '10. Lily-of-the-Valley are also gone, and getting difficult to find these days. They smell very delicious. These roses smell a little bit; I just like having them in my yard. More later:




No comments: