Saturday, June 6, 2009

Dog Party on the Appalachian Trail!

After spending Friday night (June 5, 2009) at the Paul C. Wolfe Memorial Shelter we (Ivory, Mackey, Max and I) were hiking back out on Saturday morning. The shelter is next to Mill Creek, a couple miles north of Humpback Rocks. We were parked at Humpback and I guess we were halfway back when we ran into four more delightful dogs! Unbelievable. I wish I'd caught all their names. And the people's. But I do recall that Hobbit (she was from Illinois) was the one taking the pictures. Her dog is in the foreground, with the red backpack on, the only one who was really working for a living. I think her name was Madison or Matty or Maddy but that may have been another dog. There were a lot of "M" names. She's a Border Collie but she was shaved to keep ticks down. She was ~3.5 years old and extremely well mannered.

By the way, click on that picture if you want to see a larger version.

I think the guy's name (on my right) was Dennis, but I may have misunderstood. If either of you email me correct information, I'll fix this post. He had three dogs; you can only see all three of them in the bottom picture, but of course Ivory's looking away. I only remember one of his dog's names - it was "Little." Look at the picture and try to guess which one was "Little." Here's a hint: the name is not descriptive.

Anyway, fun to see everybody, I hope you have a great hike. Take it easy,

Jay


No comments: