Sunday, January 20, 2008

Miss Annie

A more accurate title for this post would be I Miss Annie. Nicky died on November 9 of 2006 and Annie just five weeks later on December 16. Annie was twelve years old when I got her in 2000 and her previous owner described her as "a very dog-like cat." To a person of my particular sensibilities, there can scarcely be a higher compliment. Or in Annie's case, a more accurate one. She was friendly, outgoing, cheerful, loved to be around people and was just a joy to spend time with. I've got a few better pictures of her; I'll put one up when I find it. There's one I particularly enjoy that I call "Fire Worshiper." Annie would just park herself in front of the woodstove and stare at the flames. When I find that, I'll put it up. For now, there's this one. Annie was one-of-a-kind. But they all are. Here she is, all six purring pounds of her:

No comments: