Saturday, November 3, 2007

I've been away too long!

Too long from blogging, that is. I see my last post was some time in August. At that point, training was picking up for my Ironman, the Chesapeakeman in Cambridge, MD. 2.4 miles of swimming in the Choptank River followed by "112 miles" - shortened to 107 due to a fire on the course - of bicycling on the Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, then 26.2 miles of running. It was on Saturday, September 29 and at 14:03:57 it was the fastest of the five I've done. Probably even if I'd done the full 112 on the bike.

You can click on Chesapeakeman to see the web site for the race.

Once I was finished with the race and made it home, I was so happy to have my life back (i.e. not training during every spare minute) I stopped thinking about racing altogether for about a month. Although I've had a number of spectacular fifty mile bike rides, enjoying the pleasant fall weather in central VA.

More later. Until then,

Jay

OK - it's later. I wanted to put up a few images including first the race logo:
Next, a few images from the race. First, me getting out of the water:

Next, me somewhere on the bike course:
Finally, crossing the finish line at 9:03:57 PM EDT:

No comments: